Salted caramel frappe is a popular dessert drink. This healthier version skips the espresso and uses herbal coffee instead with coconut milk, ice cubes, and caramel syrup. You can also add whipped cream on top of your frappe for a more delicious taste.
This recipe for salted caramel frappé at home has just six ingredients: Salted Caramel coffee substitute, coconut milk, coconut sugar, salt, and ice. The ingredients are added in the order listed above. The milk should be cold or at least very cold so that it doesn’t curdle when mixed with the hot espresso.
Salted Caramel Frappe – Serves 2
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sip Herbals Salted Caramel Coffee Substitute
- 6 oz. hot water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 2 cups ice
- Pinch of salt
- Additional caramel sauce for drizzle
1. Start by making your AIP caramel sauce. Add coconut cream and coconut sugar in a small saucepan. Turn heat to medium and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Once it simmers, reduce the heat to low and maintain a simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn the heat off and add a pinch of salt. Caramel will continue to thicken as it cools.
2. For a dark brew, steep together the Sip Herbals Salted Caramel Substitute with hot water for 2 minutes.
3. Add brewed Sip Herbals and the remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until well combined and the ice is to your liking.
4. Pour into 2 glasses and serve with additional caramel sauce.